Add meditation to your workout routine for results, relief and endurance.
10-minute Meditation for High-Performance Athletes
1. Sit up straight in a quiet, comfortable place with your feet on the floor or legs crossed.
2. Begin by taking a few deep breaths.
3. Allow yourself to breathe normally, without concern whether the breath is becoming deeper, more shallow, or staying the same.
4. As you sit there, watch or take notice of your breath.
5. Continue to breathe in and breathe out, without getting caught up on whether you're doing it through your nose or mouth (either is fine). The only thing that matters is letting your attention remain on your breath.
6. If something distracts you, simply come back to your breathing. When strenuous or uncomfortable thoughts arise, don’t try to ignore them or push them away but instead acknowledge them and go back to observing your breathing. Allow your attention to focus on that. Acknowledge any distractions, without being annoyed by them, and simply direct your awareness back to your breath.