Want to live longer and enjoy better health? Focus on making plants the main attraction of every meal. The experts at The Harvard Medical School have weighed in, supporting this diet to enjoy:
- Longer life expectancy
- Reduced heart disease
- Relief from rheumatoid arthritis
- Lower rates of Parkinson's disease
- Lower rates of Alzheimer's disease
A few tips to keep in mind:
- Eat locally for fresher and higher nutrient concentrated foods
- Spice it up with herbs, aromatics and non-salted spices
- Eat whole grains rich in fiber, vitamin E and magnesium, also known to reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, heart disease, stroke and diet-related depression
- Go a little nuts, consume nuts five times a week or more to lower your risk of diabetes by 27%, however, eat in moderation!
To read more, visit, http://www.health.harvard.edu.
For 39 delicious heart-healthy recipes, buy Healthy Eating for a Healthy Heart from Harvard Medical School.